Friday, March 15, 2013

Re-Purpose Friday - Sheets to Curtains

Hi all,

Today is 'Re-purpose Friday', the day we talk of how we can use old (and sometimes new) stuff in a new and unexpected way.

I have a number of projects in mind. Truthfully, they have been there, sitting idly in my head for a long time. I guess I need to do some spring cleaning of my head.

Are you a clutter kind of person? I am. I know...it's terrible. I clear up my table one day and in less than a week, you would never have known it had been cleared. I think my mind is much the same way. Hmmm...I guess there is some psychology behind this.

If you have clutter in your home, it is a sign of a cluttered brain. It's true. My mind is literally scattered with ideas, thoughts, projects, want-to-dos and have-to-dos. The place is so messy that if I try to find one particular idea, I have to dig and dig.

If you could only see the pile of clothes sitting on my bed waiting to be folded, you would know what I mean.

Anyways, getting back to the topic. This Friday we shall discover a new purpose for old (or new) bed-sheets. I particularly love this idea, because in my house, I only use the fitted sheets on the beds. But unfortunately, bed-sheets come in packs with flat and fitted sheets.

The flat sheets simply lounge around in my closet, taking up valuable space and without purpose. (I do so dislike unwanted guests who refuse to go away!) Using bed-sheets as curtains seems like a great idea.

Check out the curtains in these pictures. Can you believe these are actually bed-sheets? What a gorgeous print and at half the cost too!

If you don't find a print that goes with your theme or color scheme, you could create your own. Just as Jennifer from 'I Love Rehabs' did.
She simply bought 2 different colored flat sheets, cut and sewed them to create this awesome pattern. Just think of the possibilities - you could mix and match solids and patterns to make curtains that are exclusively for you!


Have regular white sheets that you are fed up of and would rather cut up and use as rags? Why not make curtain liners instead. As Kristen of 'Lipstick and Sawdust' shows you...buy a fabric for the curtain and then give it the heavy look. She also has a neat trick to cover the curtain rings - simply attach the hooks 1 inch below the edge.

And voila! You have awesome curtains and you have re-purposed your flat sheets.

This would work great in a kids room...just imagine these sheets as curtains on your kids room windows...

 
200 Thread Count Daisy Sheet Set Size: Full  
Wallflower Duvet Collection-Wallflower Sheet Set - Full



I can feel my hands itching to get to this. Okay, here's one more project idea deposited on the couch in my head. I hope to be able to show you some of my own checked list of projects some day.

Smiles,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

This is a family friendly blog and we would appreciate your help in keeping it that way. You are free to offer your opinions, but do be pleasant and keep your criticism constructive.

Thanks and Enjoy!