Friday, March 22, 2013

Sleep Like a Queen

Okay...so today is supposed to be Re-Purpose Friday. I know.


But I read this news some 2 days ago and it has taken me that much time to kind-of digest / accept it. And I can't help but share it with you all.

What is this news?

A British bed manufacturer, Savoir Beds, is creating a Royal Bed (actually 60 of them). Each bed (mattress + boxspring) will cost...US$175,000.00 !


No that is not a typo...all those zeros are really there.

This limited edition Royal Bed will be hand-crafted with...well, I won't go into the minor details. You can find that out if you simply search the information on the net.

So, of course, I started searching more about beds fit for royalty. The Europeans are evidently much influenced and inspired by the monarchies they are still surrounded with.

Want more? How about these...




A company called four-poster-beds.com will custom create these amazing works of art for you. While I can truly appreciate the work and the careful precision needed to create such exquisite royal beds, I'm not sure I would be interested in sleeping in one.

My preferences are more Minimalistic and well, I guess the word would be, Modern. I found this bed on Savoir Beds which is more to my taste. I especially like the drawers on the sides.

courtesy Savoir Beds

How much would you spend on your mattress?

And, by extension, how much would you spend on your children's bed? Grab a peek at some of the most expensive child beds available today.

And to get on the track for Re-Purpose Friday...well, I could think of any number of things we could safely re-purpose the $175,000.00 for. The St.Jude Children's Research Hospital would be at the top of my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi,

This is a family friendly blog and we would appreciate your help in keeping it that way. You are free to offer your opinions, but do be pleasant and keep your criticism constructive.

Thanks and Enjoy!